Condominium corporations in Ontario are unique statutory creatures that must run with economic efficiency within the Condominium Act, 1998 while maintaining community standards. Our goal is to use our years of expertise as condominium law lawyers to help you achieve that goal efficiently. Condominiums are like the fourth level of government – ask us why!
As condominium law lawyers, we have worked for years in developing processes to support the operation of an efficient condominium from the legal side. Why is the legal side so important? Condominium corporations only exist as a result of the laws set out in the Condominium Act, 1998. Thus, a correct interpretation of the Act is key to understanding how a condominium is required to function day-to-day. Our practice has given us a breadth of experience so that we can deal with both standard day-to-day matters (such as collection of 100 cents on the dollar for common expense arrears) and a variety of unique situations. Our condominium law lawyers can also provide corporate advice on contractual arrangements, including those with your property management company and other service providers such as landscaping companies, cleaning companies, and waste removal companies.
In the area of condominium law, we offer:
- Declaration, By-law and Rule interpretation, amendment and enforcement
- Comprehensive and customized common expense collection services
- Construction deficiency and TARION advice for new condominiums
- Policy and procedure development, including information management and enforcement policies
- Complete negotiation, ADR and civil litigation services
- Support for unit owners' and directors' meetings
- Educational seminars, including director education and property management legal update